Skip to main content

Abhishek Bachchan revisited after encountering sexism on Cannes red carpet

 

Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai made their Cannes red carpet debut in 2007. Abhishek opened up about the sexism he encountered in a 2012 interview. She also shared her views on working women.

He said: ``If a man wants to tie up his wife, there must be two reasons.Why am I in trouble? When I try to restrain him, he gets insecure or doesn't trust them.I didn't grow up like that.I'm an actress and she works.Walking the red carpet in Cannes with his wife. People often ask me how was it? I think this attitude is chauvinistic."

The actor said again: 'How can I walk with her as a husband? Have you heard why Aishwarya walked the red carpet with me at the premiere of my movie? I attend all my events, but I can't. If I am with her and my wife supports me, I owe it to her."


Comments